it may be harder to see the French background of a term Massachusetts locals once used for coastal merchants made rich through the fishing trade: "codfish aristocracy." "Codfish" comes from Middle English, but "aristocracy" passed into English via Middle French
Monday, August 15, 2005
Previous Posts
- Chain saws are also great when you are interested ...
- Until then, I do not want to see you do sit-ups. J...
- noticed that the left half of my tongue is black.I...
- I highly recommend it unless you are frustrated by...
- after two hours of endless bank activity-waiting, ...
- This was my dog on the Kibbutz. His name is Goor, ...
- Yep. Is the maid. You can’t find you slippers? You...
- It is all about a Christian option for postmoderns...
- Egad, It's Hot!
- No more of this “prefinished” this and “veneer” th...
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home